S/O of driving drunk question. Why do people text and drive when they know it's wrong?

It's not like they're under the influence of anything. Is it really that hard to wait till you're at your destination, or wait till you can pull over to do it? I can understand when you're bumper to bumper in an L.A. traffic jam moving about 10 feet every 10 minutes, but I mean while the car's in motion and you need your full attention.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Because people are impatient and not thinking clearly about the situation. If I told someone to look away from the road and continue to drive for ten to fifteen seconds they would think I was nuts but that's what you do when you text and drive. They don't see it that way. They really need to push for better text and drive laws as well as educating people on the risk involved.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They have no patience and would rather risk other's lives.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i think a lot of people have that invincible attitude. "it will always happen to someone else but never to me"

im going with the same answer i gave for the drunk driving post. stupidity.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I watch other people almost crash into me and other stuff because they are idiots and on the phone in some form instead of driving.  Text and/or call when you park, it's just not that important.  If it IS just that important, PULL OVER.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Because they think the rules don't apply to them. They think the know better.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• in Puerto Rico is going to be a law of no phones while driving...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Many are very self absorbed and feel a text or call is more important than watching the road and driving safely.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Please watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3x7K3EOTk
    People need to wake up and stop thinking it can't happen to me!
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• they ~ just ~ can't ~ wait !
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My father was killed on Thanksgiving on his way to dinner by a stoned 17 year old who was also looking at a text on his phone when he blew a red light. I have zero tolerance for that shit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011