Would you want to get pregnant after your 40S?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• nope. had my 4th son when i was 39...i am done. I had mine so late because i didnt meet my husband until i was in my 30's.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No thanks! I am perfectly happy having all my babies before 30 rolls around. I want to be able to enjoy my 'middle age years' and not be taking care of an infant.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No.  I'm hanging on for dear life in my 20's, lol.  My 40's, I want to be able to focus on ME and enjoy my adult children.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No, I will be 42 when my youngest turns 18. I want to be able to hopefully enjoy my grandkids also.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I am 38 and pregnant now. I would like at least two more children and won't have them back to back so I will be in my 40s and pregnant.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 5:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nope! My first was a SURPRISE at age 19, now I'm 24 and pregnant with my second. I would like one more, so ideally I'll be done by 27. I'll be 45 when my youngest finishes high school. I've never had any time with just my husband because we started dating when my daughter was 6 months old and I'm looking forward to the 40s for time when we can enjoy being a couple.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• What's right for me isn't what works for everyone else. I don't pretend to hold the monopoly on 'perfect timing.' ;) I was 29 and 31 when my kids were born. In retrospect it was the right time for *me.* I wouldn't have wanted to have my kids at a younger age and I'm glad to not be starting over with an infant now that I inch closer to 38. However, I have plenty of friends that *did* have kids in their 40s and there's nothing wrong with that either. I have friends that had their children in their earlier 20s. It would not have worked for me, but it dose for them.

To each her own.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 5:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Hell no. I didn't even want to be pregnant in my 30s. I wanted to have my last when I was 25. I was pregnant with him at 25 and had him two months after my 26th birthday.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*No*~... but only because for me it would seem selfish, that much closer to death, the various medications I see people taking at that age which means health is leaving.... than the over all picture of things that I couldn't possibly (since I know me) keep up and have the patience... the older I get the less I have... hahahaa

Than there is the aspect that if I die, who will take on my kids, and what it does to people that loose a parent...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Personally, no. I had my child in my early 30s and if I don't have another child soon, I probably won't want to take the chance as I get closer to age 40. I do know some people who had their first child around age 40, and they had healthy babies and they are very happy with their choice. One I can think of was in a band for most of her 20s and 30s, so she was probably ready for a new stage in her life. Some women prefer to have children early. It's fine either way, but the risks do go up tremendously in our 30s and 40s, so personally I will make my final decision about having a second child soon.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011