What to do - Tear in Stomach

I know it is late, but my husband is at the ER and has found out that he has a tear in his stomach. What can be done about this? Does it have to heal on its own? Does he have to have surgery? I'm sure he'll be okay, but has anyone had to deal with this before?
The doctor was no help. Anyone?

ketha04

Asked by ketha04 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• I have never heard of this I would google it to see what information you can grab on it - Good Luck
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My grandmother died of sepsis from this. It shut down all of her organs, BUT, they had no idea it was there until she passed. They said if they knew, they could have fixed it. So I am sure they can fix it, unless they were just saying that....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh, and she was only 58, but she was obese as well
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• When you say a tear in the stomach. Do you mean like an intestinal tear? If it is intestinal, he will have to undergo emergency surgery. Our intestines harbor lethal bacteria, if it erupts it can be very dangerous. Talk to the nurses if the doctor won't explain anything to you. They usually are very helpful. You can also say to the doctor I don't understand. What are we going to do for this tear in the stomach, be firm. He will stop and explain it to you. Sometimes doctors are so busy that they don't even realize they have brushed you off, with out an explanation to you.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008