Daycare Question

I'm thinking about starting a home daycare and was wondering if anyone knew what all you have to do it get license and do you have to have any kind of diploma in order to get a license. Thanks in advance. Oh I live in Oklahoma.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think you either have to have some type of schooling for childhood development or experience in a childcare setting. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• My mom did in-home daycare. She was always licensed, but when she did finally go to get her license, it required a home review and I remember the fire marshall also did an inspection.
    My mom did have a back ground in child day care as well as some schooling in Child Development (although I don't know that it was required for the license)
    Good Luck!
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Go to your state's or county's website and learn what the regulations/laws are.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Every state is different. In my state I can watch three unrelated kids and not have my license, which is what I am doing. I am getting all the paperwork together though to get my license because one of the moms is pregnant. I will need to get an inspection by the fire marshall, a work physical, tb test, clearances, and fbi fingerprinting. Dh has to get all the clearances as well. As far as education, you may have to have a high school diploma but nothing else. When you get your license your state will tell you how many hours of training you need per year. In my state you do not get inspected by the state to get your license. It is on a lottery system. So some in-home daycares get inspected a lot when some may never get inspected.
    Anonymous