Having contractions

So this morning I noticed that I seem to be having a lot more contractions than normal, and it's continued all day. I'm only 30wks, and I'm used to having a handful of contractions throughout the day, but I had close to 20 contractions today. I didn't time them or anything, but I've noticed they seem to be getting worse, or at least, less comfortable. There's no bloody show, no unusual discharge or anything, and they're not regular. Should I contact the doc, or wait until tomorrow and see how things go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Time them. If there are more than 4 in an hour, call your doctor and/or head to L&D. They can monitor them for you. You can aso try taking a bath and relaxing to see if they stop or slow down. It doesn't really matter how many you have in a day, just how many there are in an hour. Up to 4 an hour is normal.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I second everything fancyjane said, also, you should call if they become closer together and longer.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• agreed with this 1st person
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011