Do you eat certain meals just in a particular season or.....

do you just eat them anytime during the year?

Typically, I tend to have Fall/Winter meals and Spring/Summer meals. For instance I eat more salads in the warmer months than I do in the colder months. As I change my clothes to adapt to the temperatures I also change meals. What do you do?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 5:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Anything that requires hours of oven time is saved for winter (or at least when it's cool enough to have all the windows open and not sweat to death)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I do my best to eat fresh and seasonally. i like fresh seasonal produce and will NOT buy, say, berries from Peru. Once my home buyer rebate comes I can plant my garden and then my food will be even more fresh!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• nope
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No, I eat from all food groups and don't care what the season is. but i know what you mean, someone ask almost the same question last week and some people do like you do. :D
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We definitely eat more fresh produce in the summer/early fall when it's coming out of the garden, more salads, etc. I make more homemade soups & heartier casseroles in the cold months.
    Anonymous

• No Here in cali the weather stays the same so the food we does too though on hot day you will not find me in the kitchen for very long over the stove/oven
    Ladyrosa

Answer by Ladyrosa at 9:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I do the same. But I'm a turkey person and sometimes out of the blue, I'll do the turkey dinner with most of the Thanksgiving and Christmas trimmings, usually before it is Summer though.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 11:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We tend to eat heartier soups, stews, chilis, cassaroles during the winter months, and a little lighter during the summer months, but it's not a hard and fast rule. It's just that when it's - 30C chili or shepard's pie sounds better than a chicken caesar. And when it's +30C stew does not appeal as much as a large salad.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would never even think to make stew, chili, or soup during the summer.
    jengray72

Answer by jengray72 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I eat vegetables that are in season, and that changes during the year, and buy seafood that is in season. I like everything fresh. I serve more casseroles and stews in the winter. I serve soup all year long, but in summer they're lighter.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011