Do you eat certain meals just in a particular season or.....

do you just eat them anytime during the year?

Typically, I tend to have Fall/Winter meals and Spring/Summer meals. For instance I eat more salads in the warmer months than I do in the colder months. As I change my clothes to adapt to the temperatures I also change meals. What do you do?

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 5:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't do things like chili in the spring and summer. Anything like that which simmers a long time and heats up the kitchen only gets cooked in the fall & winter. And we use the grill in the summer for the same reasons.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Summer time I make lighter meals and bbq... winter months I make alot of chili, enchiladas, stuff like that
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I do - I eat more salads during the summer and more BBQ and bake a lot, lot less.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In the summer it is too hot to cook in the house. It takes a major act of God to get me to turn the oven on or simmer a pot on the stove for hours when it's 95+ degrees out. Winter time we eat a lot of cjili, stews, soups, homemade breads, muffins, biscuits. In the summer we eat a lot of grilled meats, and salads. Generally lighter stuff in the heat.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't usually make heavy meals in the spring/summer - chilli's, shephard's pies, beef and noodles, chicken and dumplings are all for winter.
    We eat more grilled hot dogs, burgers, fish and things like that in the summer.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i do like fresh fruit in the summer and also i don't eat salads in the winter months
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011