Posting Anon Questions for Non-Personal Stuff!!!

Why? Why would you post anonymously when you are asking something general? Unless you are a troll just looking to start a commotion?

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 5:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Some people post anon because this is not a private forum. Anyone can look through the questions and answers. Or they have 'real world' friends or even family on this site they don't want to know what they are asking about. Other than that I don;t know. But honestly I really don;t care either. The whole anon issue just doesn't bother me like it does some.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It's an option that is available so the person takes advantage of it.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well it may be non-personal to you but you don't know the person's situation. It could be something that is VERY personal to them. We don't know so we really can't judge. And I can say that from experience.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 8:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know some people post anon because there are some brazen people out there who will contact posters via private message to bash them for what they said. I have had people send me a private message because they didn't like what I posted or because they thought my question was stupid.
    While I just ignore them, some people are bothered by this.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't it makes a difference one way or another and was a stupid thing to bring up
    Alex831

Answer by Alex831 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i was wondering about that,too. Who knows..lol
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think its stupid. I have never posted anon even when im saying something i know the person is gonna get their panties in a bunch over lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The better question is why does it bother you so much?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just think it silly to post something like "do you think bubble gum can cause cancer?" in the question title, not elaborate and post something as general as that anonymously. It doesn't really bother me. I was just asking. It was something I noticed and started to think if there was a reason- like if they were trolling for market research or something. Geez.
    meandrphoto

Comment by meandrphoto (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would not let something so trivial bother me.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 7:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011