Baby due around my daughters birthday--how to plan a party?

my 4th child is due around my daughters 5th birthday.. 3 days before. I know due dates usually are never right on, so im not sure how to plan her birthday party! she really wants to invite some friends, since we usually have family parties at the house.. and she wanted like a skating party or big princess party..
she just went through some major surgeries, so I want this party/birthday to be special for her, and not slacked on due to a new baby coming.

im unsure how to "plan" for it.. since obviously people will need to know in advance.. but i cant have a party and miss it because im in the hospital!.. how would you do it to make sure the party is about HER even though there is a baby about to come!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 5:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well would she be ok having her party the week before you are due? Then you can have it all planned out and if you go into labor then you go into labor! She is old enough to understand that her newest sibling may want to crash the party :-)
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 6:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Maybe you could schedule it for a week or two after her party? I think that would only work though if you have someone that could watch the newborn! OR you could do her party a couple weeks early. She will understand!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have no problem doing it early!! I am just afraid ill go into labor early! lol
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Try scheduling a week or two early or later just explain to her that your not sure but her baby brother or sister may want to crash her party and you want her to have fun and enjoy herself. I feel you. Goodluck with the party planning.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You can either plan her special party the weekend before you or due or schedule it the weekend after . The new baby can be part of her Birthday party. Give her the choice of when she wants to have it. tell her also if she wants they can start celebrating together.it can be there special party or time together
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 6:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I dont really want the baby at the party... I think thats too many people and germs right now for a newborn!! So i think im going w/ early!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with everyone about having it early. It's your fourth pregnancy, so you never know lol! Congrats on your little one I'm due in March! :)
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• im due in march as well!! if im having it early i had better get on it now!!!! lol
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011