im tired of being pregnant i want to have this baby today

is there any ways to stimulate labor to help it get started.. im 39 weeks pregnant ive been told 2 different due date 1 was the 20th & the other was the 24. i feel the need to have her now tho im tired of waiting around & just want to get it done & over with some 1 help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• walk or sex other then that nothing really jsut gonna have to wait it out .. i remember that feeling with my first
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• sex and walking are two ways,whatever you do don't use castrol oil.

Also don't be in such a rush I had to be induced sex and walking don't always work babies come when they want to
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Spicy foods are supposed to help as well, but you may just get heartburn. Warm showers can help with relaxation and that will help trigger labor. I would just walk and try with sex but don't try anything too extreme as you can easily cause more harm than good.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• This is not to discredit the previous replies, but sex and spicy foods have actually been proven inaffective. Nipple stimulation (over long periods of time) can help because it will start to release the same hormone the body secretes during labor. Walking helps the baby drop into birthing position. Also, try to relax. Being worked up can actually work against you. The more you relax, the more likely your uterus is to relax and start changing for birth.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Accupressure:

Just like pressure can help relieve a headache or back cramping, it may be able to help move your body into the hormonal balance needed for labor. One point can be activated by squeezing the fleshy part between your thumb and forefinger with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand. Another point can be activated by pressing in about 4 finger widths above your inner ankle.

Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I assume you want a healthy baby. If that is true, what is another week or two or even three? Surely your discomfort is small in comparison to the joy of having a baby who arrives when he/she is fully developed and ready to be born. Try to get some sleep while you wait, 'cause you are going to be needing some sleep.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My mom went into labor when she was taking a hot bath. Maybe if you go for a long walk then take a hot bath. There is nothing wrong with trying to get it started on your own, good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I suggest you let baby decide when it is ready to be born if you want a healthy baby. Pregnancy lasts from 38 to 42 weeks. I've never gone into labor before week 41.5. And yes, it's uncomfy but my baby comes first. I had one child at 39 weeks, he'll have healthy isues all his life. It's BEST for babies to come when they are ready. Only the baby and your body knows for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I am with you. i am 38 weeks and will be induced on the 28th. But I am ready now. I am miserable. Half of the time by bedtime I fell like I cant even walk to bed.
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008