Is a birthday party sleepover w/ 5 year olds too much?.. have you ever had a little tiny sleepover w/ little ones that young? 4-5yrs!

I thought it sounded like a cute idea... but for those mamas who have done it.. is it MUCH more tiring? & at that age.. is it difficult?.. since I imagine they may not even want to stay the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My experience is that they aren't ready yet at that age. It's too overwhelming and the kids may not know how to mind their manners without their parents yet. Our first with non relatives was in second grade.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I did it at my DD 6th birthday. We had the girl scout troupe over so all the moms knew me anyway.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Too early. I wouldn't let my daughter sleep over another person's house until she was around 8. You never know who you can trust.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think it sounds fun, but trust me- it will be tiring!!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It's more fun for the adults planning it than it is for the kids attending!
    Little ones at that age...some still sleep w/ night lights..some still crawl into their parents beds...some are totally afraid of being seperated from their parents.
    My advice is have a "mock sleep over"!
    Here's what you do: you have the kids bring sleeping bags or just their favorite pillow/teddy bear and then you read bedtime stories and make cocoa and serve cookies with the house lights low.
    But at around 7 or 8pm the parents pick them up.
    Kids at this age can usually handle around 2-3 hours of excitment before they peak and start getting cranky.
    So you have to adjust for the time frame.
    Good Luck and Have FUN!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011