My little girl is turning 5! It will be her first party w/ FRIENDS.. WHAT are some ideas?

she is VERY active and outgoing, but just had surgery so wont be able to have anything like a skating party.. we have always had family parties.. but she really wants to do a friend party this year now that she has a few! I'd say thered be around 10 kids coming.. so what should we plan? not sure how to entertain a bunch of wee little ones and keep everything interesting.. parks are out also--too cold here! im trying to avoid chuckie cheese..............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• How about a makeover type party?
    Dress up, pedicures and manicures, play music, you could fix their hair cute, have games, take pictures of them for them to have as a keepsake.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• have a tea party with mini sandwiches and cakes. then can do things like play games, word puzzles and give a little treat for first one done, have each girl write the birthday girl a note and can keep for scrapbook. something else and not a lot of movement would be a pinata.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We had a fiesta for my DD when she turned 6. The pinata was a hit (pun intended). We served tex-mex food and snacks. The kids loved it. I have several games we played at all our parties, because they are so fun. One is toilet paper pulls. Get the real cheap toilet paper and broom handles. Put the rolls on the handles and have a contest to see who can pull the roll empty first. Have a co-ed toy ready for the winner. Kids and adults like this one.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Omg do a swim party! Even if they do get active she shouldn't get hurt from the surgery. And also, water has a therapeutic effect because it offers resistance without stressing the body's joints. Your local rec center should have rooms you can rent for a swim party. That is what I am doing for my son who is turning 1 in 5 days. Precious!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• party favors,games,finger foods,fun fun fun!!!!!!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011