Rape & abortions

If you got pregnant from a rape, would you keep it, place it up for adoption or abort it?

random I know, but i'm watching law & order

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 6:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Adoption.

know I would not abort, but I don't think I could keep the baby.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• thats a hard question... i think then and only then it would be ok to abort. but i myself probably would keep the baby. rape or no rape, that baby is part of you
    LuvingMyBoyz

Answer by LuvingMyBoyz at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Abort
    I can't imagine carrying a rapist's baby. I know its not the kids fault,but I just couldn't stomach it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I kept my blessing. Whatever your choice, it is just that your choice.

By the way... my CHILD is not an it.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would have to decide at the time it happened. That is hard thing to decide to do.

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That's awful! I dont know if I could go thru w/ the abortion, but I also dont think I could deal w/ a pregnancy & then give it up. Keeping it would NOT be an option- not fair to the child or me being reminded of such a horrible event. I just have to hope I am never faced w/ that dilema.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If I got raped I would take the morning after pill that the hospital would ask me to take anyways along with the other cocktail of pills to fight infection and diseases.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I honestly don't know. That is something that you couldn't really answer unless you're faced with that decision/situation...
    smb1990

Answer by smb1990 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've been through this situation and I love my son very much.
    It was rape during marriage if anyone understands that...idk.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Usually, as part of rape protocol in the ER, the victim is given the option for PLAN B to be taken immediately. This does not terminate a preganacy, but it prevents your body from being able to start one. Effectiveness in the 90-someodd percent.

If anyone you know is raped, it is important that she seek medical care RIGHT AWAY to give her options. You don't have to report a rape to the police in order to get medical care . . . they won't report it, either . . .that is your choice.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011