Please help me enforce awareness.....

I watched Extreme Home Makeover Edition today and it was helping a family that lost a child to Texting While Driving. Her name was Alex Brown. It was a senseless way to die and can be prevented. We are all accountable for doing it. We need to work hard on not texting while driving. Please go to this website and sign a pledge to not text while driving. Lets keep everyone safe. Thanks for helping me out with this.

www.rememberalexbrownfoundation.org/

Our lives nor are any others lives worth losing over a simple text. Drive safe.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I saw the show- & the parents (& little sis) are just amazing people. I dont think I could continue functioning, let alone go on to do what they are doing. My little sis lost a friend recently for the same reason, & friends in the car were severly injured. Sad. *Bump*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We have also lost a family friend due to this senselessness.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't understand how can people text when they drive. I can't even call someone who is on the speed dial.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 7:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't text and drive and don't need to sign a pledge to not do so. In my state it is illegal to text and drive and you can be fined the first time anywhere fro $100-500 and lose your license, get jail time, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am glad you dont text and drive and if you dont want to sign a pledge that is fine also, but the way you worded it was a little rude. I am just trying to help raise awareness on the fact of what it can cause and how many lives are hurt due to texting and driving. I would want to see anyone lose a life due to something that can be prevented. If you are not going to sign a pledge then please in honor of and rememberance of all those that have lost a life to this and other senseless acts please pass this on and help all of us raise awareness on this matter.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I meant I would not want to see anyone lose a life due to something that can be prevented.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I went to the site when the show originally aired and immediately signed the pledge.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thank you CalebsMommy
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• before i had my son i did text and drive but i was able to teach myself how to text without looking....then i had my son and i never texted and drove again....if my mom called me while i was driving i would pull over to the side of the road and let her know i was driving and she would say ok just call me when you get where you are going so i know you are safe......or i would call her before i even left the house to let her know i was going to be driving and that i would call her when i got where i was going.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011