Would this bother you?

My valentines day wasn't the greatest & i really don't know if i was over reacting or not. my husband and i live separately because we can't afford our own place yet. he lives with his mom & i live with my parents in the neighboring city. it's more convenient this way so i can pick up & drop off our dd to school acros the street while he's at work. anyway, i wake up & checked my text msgs to see if he msg'd me, nothing. then i checked fb about 30 min later and saw his status.

"Morning Valentines... pull ups, push UPS, abs, and 30 minute cardiovascular....woohoo..ooooweee...then a smoke and omw to work...."

Idk if i'm crazy, but it's valentines & i guess i was expecting at least a brief mention in his status, especially since he planned on coming by to visit after the gym.. not strsight to work. he did come by with a single rose but i was a little upset about the fb thing. he said he texted me in the morning, but he went to the gym first. we fought about it a little, because he has a history of posting things on fb that upset me. (ex: i'm hungover.. but when i ask he says he didnt go out or drink the night b4, he just wants to look cool.. yea right) am i wrong for wanting to be mentioned on his fb? did i over react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• If he's worried about looking cool to his friends on FB, then getting all sappy about you defeats the purpose. As long as he shows his affection towards you in private, is faithful, etc., then I say let it go. Hope you can get a place together soon. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• He is acting like a single man to me. You need to hurry up and get a place so you both can start acting like a married couple again.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am on your side. I would be upset. Unfortunately, though, Facebook gives us a glimpse into things we wouldn't otherwise know. It can be a blessing because we DO hvae that information . . . .like you being able to know that he isn't being honest with you because he is denying something that he posted.
    I don't know. I cancelled my facebook account. Too many problems.
    If you are going to read his status updates, keep in mind that you are more than welcome to comment on his posts.
    "Hey, Valentine . . .looking forward to seeing you, my love, tonight! You are my one and only!" "XOXO!" If he has a problem with that, than you guys have a bigger problem on your hands.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• He gave you a rose and came and seen you, that is more than a lot of people got, including me. You need to do what you can to live together as man and wife. Why are you married if you can't live as such? Time for you to get a job too and move in together.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• He showed up with a rose and you argued with him because he didn't post to you on FB? Really? He thought of you. He brought you something. What he posts on FB doesn't matter.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sounds like you both need to work on your maturity level.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think that would make me upset, but it seems like Valentine's Day brings out all the crazy emotions in me anyways. Last night I cried b/c my husband got himself candy, but didn't get me anything b/c I had told him I didn't want any presents. He asked me why I was crying, and I said that I shouldn't have to ask for anything, he should just buy it b/c he loves me. So maybe we just expect too much, lol.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Eh its Facebook...so what if he didn't mention you. He came by. I think people get WAYYYY to wrapped up in FB and V-day for that matter.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 8:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Why aren't you all living together at one of the parents house? And like one of the other ladies is that he is living the singles life. I'd be beyond pissed about the whole thing - valentine's day, past facebooks, etc.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Try not to sweat the small stuff work on things that matter like getting together as a family
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011