Preterm Labor?

On Saturday night (33weeks) I had an emergency trip to the hospital for a possible prolapsed cord and ruptured membrane. They ruled out both and monitored both baby and I. Baby's heart rate was great but I was contracting every 2 minutes for about 30 seconds. Although I only felt one of them the entire hour. The nurse acted like it was nothing and pretty much rushed us out will no instructions. We didn't even get to see a doctor. Anyway, I don't have an appointment with my midwives until Thursday and they aren't answering phone. I'm concerned about the regular contractions, even though the nurse in L&D wasn't. What should I do? Is it normal to have that many contractions and not feel them? Am I stressing out over nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you get more contractions you can feel like 4-5 an hour, and if they get stronger and longer, I'd go back.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can always page you OB . . . err on the side of caution. You can also call labour and delivery department at the hospital you plan on having the baby at. The nurses can help you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it could be braxton hicks? you can call labor and delivery and they are usually pretty good about helping out. its their job.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011