Anyone else run into people trying to hide their efforts to push religion on you?

I'm jewish and have no intention of every changing that.

I've had to hide my religion on social sites because I kept getting friend requests from people that had no association with me.
then I'd look at their pages and it would be full of 'I love Jesus' stuff. Fine by me, just don't expect me to follow suit.
I'd send them a letter explaining to them I had no interest in anyone's attempt to push their faith on me, so if that was their intent, then please don't ever contact me again.

believe anything you want, I just don't like it when people try to convince me to follow their faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Christian, Episcopalian as a matter of fact. But I don't atttend church and I have Jewish friends. To tell you the truth I had this really wierd relationship with a Rabi. No one knew it was secret but great fun! Concerts, bondage, latex, and food. It was a great experience.
    But I did not want to convert so it ended.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I get what your saying.  I use to get that on Facebook a lot.  I'd think that someone actually wanted to have a conversation and before I knew it BAM they are inviting me to their church after I told them already that I don't attend and pushing their religion on me.  Not gonna happen.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "And, forgive me for saying so, but I think you are a bit paranoid,if all they have on their page is "I LOVE JESUS", and you tell them off about it."

I didn't tell then off about it, I just made it perfectly clear that I had no interest in communicating with them if they wished to push their religion on me. I also told them that if they were contacting me for friendship having nothing to do with religion, then that was fine.
    in every case I never heard from them again.
    I didn't want to hide my religion at all, I was simply being harassed so much I needed to take it off.
    as for the friends invites I'm talking about, these were not friends of friends or anyone I knew it all, best and I can tell and some confirmed it, they found me by searching for people that posted that they were Jewish. IE not saved in their eyes.

they can display their faith all they want. Just don't bother me with it- very happy with mine.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i get friend requests from people who have no association with me....just random people. doesn't matter what religion. so who cares if someone wants to be your friend and they happen to be a Jesus fan? they may really want to be your friend and be friendly, or, of course, some people need to have the most friends ever (seriously. like it's a contest. *rolls eyes*) and just randomly request people. it doesn't mean they're sitting there thinking "oh let me add this person as a friend and try to win them to Jesus as best i can with my profile proudly saying i love Jesus, they'll get the hint and start going to church or asking questions and i can proudly tell them what they need for eternal life". if you think that, you're crazy, and need to get over it....
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "No one knew it was secret but great fun! Concerts, bondage, latex, and food. It was a great experience. "

you go girl! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• OP, don't get your panties in a bunch, all I meant was that unless they are saying in capital letters, "HEY, ANYONE WHO FRIENDS ME, OR LOOKS AT MY PAGE HAD BETTER BE PREPARED TO IMMEDIATELY CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY, OR ELSE!!!!!!", then I seriously doubt displaying their faith on thier pages is anything BUT that! Simply sharing with others what their belief is. Anything else, you are just reading into it. Stop looking for ulterior motive in every little thing (ie--being paranoid).
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Do you know that God is wanting to join together Christians and Jews? You are called God's people and telling off Christians who are also God's people. The ONLY difference is Christians believe the Messiah has come. Why don't you try being friends with them instead of assuming they are wanting to share and shove their faith down your throat. I believe you are doing yourself a diservice. God is calling for Unity. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "it doesn't mean they're sitting there thinking "oh let me add this person as a friend and try to win them to Jesus as best i can with my profile proudly saying i love Jesus, they'll get the hint and start going to church or asking questions and i can proudly tell them what they need for eternal life". if you think that, you're crazy, and need to get over it.... "
    really, I'm not making this up. Many that sent these friend requests confirmed that they wanted to bring me to Jesus, and I run into it all the time. On and off line.
    So good for you if you don't want to do that, but don't call me crazy because I know that many people do have this agenda. Not everyone, but I run into so many that do.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "Why don't you try being friends with them instead of assuming they are wanting to share and shove their faith down your throat."

because in many cases they confirmed that they did want to 'bring me to Jesus' as they put it.

besides, I'm not a fan of adding people to those lists that you don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I VERY proudly display my faith in God, both on here, and on my FB page. I can't for a second ever imagine "hiding" my faith. It's far too important, and too big a part of my life. Everything in my life revolves around God, and if someone doesn't like that, they don't have to be friends with me. And, forgive me for saying so, but I think you are a bit paranoid,if all they have on their page is "I LOVE JESUS", and you tell them off about it. Last time I checked, this is STILL a free country,and they have as much right to display their faith as you do to "hide" yours. Sounds like you need to get over yourself.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011