ITS YOUR DECISION BUT............

THIS SPANKING THING REALLY IRKS ME..... MAYBE YOU DONT BELIEVE IN IT BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TELL A PARENT WHO MIGHT THAT IT IS ABUSIVE? I HAD A FRIEND THAT WORKS FOR CYS. IT IS NOT ABUSE UNLESS YOU LEAVE BRUISES OR WELTS. HURT FEELINGS WHICH IS ALL YOU ARE DOING WHEN YOU SPANK IS NOT ABUSIVE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think people who don't discipline their children are the lazy ones.  And time outs DID hurt my son.  Taking their things away from them?  How is THAT helpful when they don't even really understand that until much later in life.  A swat on the behind is effective AND takes A LOT of patience and thought and energy.  It's no where near being lazy.   

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• theres a big difference between spanking and beating

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I get sick of that crap also.  I was just on another post about it, lol.  I will tell anyone that I have no problem tapping my kids behinds when they get out of line.  This works for my family, don't really give a crap what other families do.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well my children aren't afraid of me so NEXT!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't understand either, I was spanked by my parents. I remember it, and I don't hate them, I am not afraid of them. I appretiate everything they did for me! I spank my son on occasion and he is not scared of me! He knows I love him and I highly doubt he will grow up hating me because of an occasional spanking.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• when I was a child a spanking was no big deal...it was to be expected if we did something wrong....and oh lord the switch..it was the worst of the worst...but I think I grew up just fine and love my parents very much.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• So, I guess when you make a child to eat veggies he/she doesn't like, and they complain that they taste nasty and gag, that is abuse as well?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sorry but my children DO NOT act like wild booga bear banshees

That made me giggle for some reason!!! It doesn't take much to amuse me though, LOL!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Everything is abuse!  And I swear I spend too much time on here, lol.  The same people I've noticed bashing spanking ALL the time are the SAME ones posting that their kids are out of control and have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!  Sorry, I don't have that problem.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no, anon. you're right. i didn't get spankings when i was little. i got beatings. with a belt or the buckle. did it ruin my life? no, but it did make me a better parent because i refuse to beat my children. spanking is one thing, beating is another. op, what you're talking about is i guess the difference between spanking and beating. there are actually laws that define what spanking is (as opposed to beating), so it's easier to differentiate between discipline and abuse. but personally i don't care if other people spank their kids.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011