Pregnant and dizzy

so i know getting dizzy sometimes is somewhat normal in pregnacys but just today and yesterday i was just standing and all of a suddend i was really dizzy i felt out of breath and i just had to sit down, i felt as if i was going to vomit but nothing came out. i havent experienced this so idk if that part is normal or if its something getting checked out

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am 36 weeks, I had the same feeling yesterday, i felt dizzy and schort breath, the best thing is have a coffee (i know it's not the best choice but one coffee a day doesnt harm) so have a black regular coffee, eat something like saltines or anything else you like, and lie down on your left shoulder, and i hope that helps. it did help me yesterday as i was getting ready to go out with my husband for Valentine's dinner.
    good luck
    Saranda

Answer by Saranda at 8:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• low blood pressure - drink lots and lots of water.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• thanks Saranda i will try something like that im not too much of a coffee drinker but im sure i can find something close, and Darkfaery131 i just had an apt today and my blood pressure was fine i didnt think to ask him while i was there about it but i will also drink more and more water thanks
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You may be anemic.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• that happened to me once this time, wayyy earlier in my pregnancy im 33 weeks now and everything just seems to be weird!!!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 2:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• YOUR BLOOD VOLUMN HAS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED IN YOUR BODY. SO AT TIMES THE PRESSURE DOESNT KEEP UP WITH THE RETURN UP TO THE HEART. CAUSING A LIGHTHEADED FEELING, BUT YOU COULD ALSO SIMPLY NOT BE DRINKING ENOUGH WATER.
    BABIES TAKE UP ALL YOUR FLUIDS
    gela79

Answer by gela79 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011