Migraine sufferer...

I suffer badly from migraines does any one have any suggestions on how releave them....Ive tried almost everything but still suffer at least once a month... and its not around "that time of month" because I dont have to deal with that since surgery in 2001.

MamaC03

Asked by MamaC03 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• I catch it the minute i feel it come on. Caffeine and Motrin works for me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I lie in a dark room and take Alleve. Mine are very mild though. I only use Alleve for the migraines so I don't build up resistance to it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I take Advil along with Tylenol for my bad headaches
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When I get a migraine I take 4 Advil Liquid Gels and then try to sleep it off in an absolutely silent, totally dark room.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm on daily Topamax prescription, well the generic of it. It's a preventative. I had headaches almost daily. It works great. They have decreased greatly. But sounds like you don't get them as often as I did, I also take Esgic Plus. It prescription acetamenaphen, caffeine, and butalbital, a barbituate. They are the same as Fioricet, just different brand. The generic is the same. I take those prn for when I get a headache and it knocks it out fast! I LOVE those pills. They work great for me. I have a high tolerance to meds so I have to take 3 or 4 but usual dose is 1 to 2 pills per headache. Id ask about them. They gave me my life back.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011