Anybody know what would be a decent top loader washer at a good price. (cont)

I was looking at a website and was reading a review and someone said a He washer could onlu use Tide detergent is this true?

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 8:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I bought Maytags last year- Nice big tub and the clothes come out practically dry. We got a deal for the set at Lowes, probably because so many  want front loaders. I not home right now, so I can not tell you the Series-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• NO..that is an old site Tide was the first to come out with HE detergents but now Cheer, ALL, GAIN and heavens knows who else makes them. I use All free and clear HE, My sister uses Gain and my Mom uses Cheer..that's why I know for sure all three of those come in HE :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Just do not buy Frigidaire. We have rental property and my husband works out of town for a few months out of the year. When he is away I know never to buy a Frigidaire appliance. He swears it is just buying problems. And it has been proven. Frigidaire does not last.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ALL brands now make HE detergents. You can use regular detergent, just not in the QUANTITY that you usually does. HE Detergents don't suds as much and the newer washing machines, while they clean just as well, they just don't handle the suds as well. And suds don't mean the detergent works any better.

GE, Whirlpool, and Maytag make very good laundry products.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011