Has anyone ever heard of adcardriver.com? Is it a legit service or is it a scam?

They say they pay you based on the miles you drive, pay your gas, AND your insurance. It also says that they'll give you a brand new car with advertisements placed on it, but you have to sign up and send them $40 and it's not a for sure thing that you get a vehicle to drive. Is this a legit business?

mbcan

Asked by mbcan at 8:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't know anything about that particular business..but I know there are legit busnesses that do it. We live in a big college town. Everytime I drive on Campus or near a campus I see a ton of them. I asked my son once because his buddy had a GU advertisement wrap on the car he was driving. He said he gets paid based on the number of miles he drives per week.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Here is there BBB report- http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/CCS-100085479 They have had 6 complaints of which 5 have gone unanswered.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have heard of this one company that pays youto drive the cars around but I had to go through a temp agency. You should never have to pay them for anything.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 8:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yeah, I commute to a college town in which I drive 80 miles total a day to. So I figured this would be a good idea since I had to do it anyway, but I wasn't looking to get into a scam and be out $40. But THANKS, I'll look and see if there are any more companies that are interested in doing it near where I am.
    mbcan

Comment by mbcan (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• There are legit companies that pay people to do this. You have to be willing to have ads plastered on your car and to drive a certain number of miles per week.

No legit company will ask you to pay anything to get started with them. Also check their reputation with the BBB before going with any business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011