Married, but still a lonely valentines day

Anyone else have a husband who didn't get you a thing for valentines day, not even say "Happy Valentines Day?" :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup...well he did buy me something but had it sent to his mom's because they wouldn't send it where we live. And I won't get it for awhile, and he gets me the same thing every year and brags to his friends. It is a nice gesture and all, but I think he buys them more for himself then me :( And he was gone on V-Day, so I wrote happy v-day on his facebook wall and told him I loved him and got nothing back :( He isn't an emotional person and never really puts himself out like that, but just one day I wish he would say he loves me!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Aw, *hugs* Sorry no valentines for you. My DH (of 20 years) knows to buy me roses and chocolates if he wants a little nookie later on! :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Men can be so insensitive, the worst kind of loneliness is the kind that comes with a partner, I am sorry, but I would vent to him.

Answer by older at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• So many guys don't believe in holidays. Don't take it personally
    Anonymous

• Its one day...O-N-E!!! Does he love you the other 364? If so they why get so tore up over one day?
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yeah dont feel bad i didnt get nothing only a happy vday from my man my mom got me some chocolate & that is it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• he didn't get me anything, but we don't have a whole lot of money right now. He did say Happy Valentine's Day, though.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We didn't have any extra money this year to go out. I actually spent my Valentine's Day with my mil. My 4 year old son made her a card and a magnet for Valentine's Day and wanted to give it to her. Dh stayed home with our middle child and my oldest son and dd went with me to my inlaws house. I think my mil was glad to see us because my fil had to go into work so she was all alone.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thankfully I don't have a dh like that. I received 8 red roses, 8 pink roses, 8 white roses, baby's breath and greenery all in a huge vase plus 2 cards, dinner at a nice resturant, a movie in a theater and a box of chocolates! I get surprised by dh every year, I love urprises. It keeps our relationship fresh. If I were you I would tell dh that your feelings are hurt.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• *surprises*
    SweetLoveofMine