How long do you bleed after getting a c section?

Hello. I had a c section 2 and a half weeks ago. I was just wondering how long you typically bleed afterwards? I'm still bleeding, but for the last week it's very light and i keep thinking it's about to stop... but it doesn't. Haha. Thank you for your answers!

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 8:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think I bleed for about 3-31/2 weeks.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• about 2 weeks
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've had two of my six babies by c-sec and the post-partum bleed was about the same as with a vaginal birth: 2 weeks of pretty serious bleed then another week or so of light bleeding. Then months of no libido! LOL.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i didn't bleed at all after my first one (that wasn't good lol), and after the second i bled for a week pretty heavy, after the third i bled for 3 weeks but it was lighter.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I bled for about a week and a 1/2 to 2 weeks with both of mine.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• About 3 weeks

Answer by missanc at 9:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well I think i was bleeding for 3 weeks.
    shaunda24

Answer by shaunda24 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think a few weeks is the norm.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The bleeding, if we're talking about vaginal bleeding, is the same after a c-section as a vaginal birth. The inner lining of the uterus is shedding and healing. Some women, it can take up to 6 weeks (sometimes a bit more). Usually, you do notice it heavy for a week or two, then it gets lighter. It is also normal to have it stop for a day and then start back again. It'll turn yellowish as it gets closer to "the end."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011