When will we catch a break?!?!

I am 29 weeks & 4 days, we just had an u/s today. The Dr. walks in with the Genenesis we spoke to right before Christmas, and closes the door. We were told that our baby to be is showing signs of Schiznecephaly......

"Schizencephaly is an extremely rare developmental birth defect characterized by abnormal slits, or clefts, in the cerebral hemispheres of the brain.  Babies with clefts in both hemispheres (called bilateral clefts) commonly have developmental delays, delays in speech and language skills, and problems with brain-spinal cord communication.  Individuals with clefts in only one hemisphere (called unilateral clefts) are often paralyzed on one side of the body, but may have average to near-average intelligence.  Individuals with schizencephaly may also have an abnormally small head, mental retardation, partial or complete paralysis, or poor muscle tone.  Most will experience seizures.  Some individuals may have an excessive accumulation of fluid in the brain called hydrocephalus. "

with that being said. I need more blood work, checking for infection in the brain since the fluids from the brain are going to the outside area of the brain which they shouldnt be. she is also measuring out to be 3 weeks smaller :/

This on top of her having Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum which is the nerves of the brain connecting both sides of the hemispheres is missin or only half there............... these could be wrong assumptions but im starting to think she will be severly handicap. Trying not to lost faith in her being ok.. im just getting depresse and now wondering if she will be ok t deliever and survive.................................................................simple frownscreaming

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 9:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh honey, sorry to hear that! I pray everything will be ok with her! Sometimes everything seems to want to happen at the same time GL
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 9:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh goodness...you poor mommy...I'm not sure if you are really one for prayer, but you will be in my prayers. I pray everything turns out for your little one.
    kristina.de

Answer by kristina.de at 10:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm so sorry :( I hope everything is going to be alright. You're in my thoughts!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• thank you ladies.. its been rough wondering how this will all turn out in the end
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2011