To use or not to use?

pacifier or no pacifier? i never used one with mine what about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used one.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I did when they were babies.  At 3 months old for each of them, the pacifiers all got thrown away.  One day of crying and it was over said and done with.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I prefer a pacifier to thumb sucking. My LO has a beek. Which is a little blanket that she sucks on to go to sleep.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• only one of mine actually liked it lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My boob is my daughters pacifier haha
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• One of mine had a pacifier, one didn't.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've had six kids and bought a paci for every one of them, but none of them ever liked it. In retrospect, I think I was lucky as some moms really struggle to get the child to give it up and it's traumatic for the child, too.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Never did with Phoenix. He wouldn't take it and didn't like it at all. My husband's family said I should make Phoenix take it, but I didn't really see the point. He didn't like it, and if he got hooked on it, it would just be something else I would have to take away from him.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I love paci's. I gave one to all 5 of my kids, but the 1st and 4th were the only ones that ever took to it. My 2nd and now my 5th suck their fingers - way easier to take away a paci! And now with the new research saying paci's reduce SIDS, I'm all for them!

Answer by missanc at 9:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My DD loved hers, my DS never took one - either worked just fine for them ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011