Amazing how the prophecy in the bible is coming to be....

this whole egypt thing, with the president resigning and all, certainly sounds familiar...

Isaiah 19
 1The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

2And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

3And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

4And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.

with all these prophecies that are coming true and have already come true, how can you not believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• how can you not believe?

I don't think you want this question answered.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• despite the fact i'll sound like a broken record..or that i'm against my own peeps-which isn't the case...how can 'you' not believe? how can they? if they don't ''believe'' in our holy scripture, they don't believe!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You do realize that this has been seen before? Really, it has. People have been seeing the same prophecies come true over and over for 100's of years.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm just going to sound like a broken record to you, but it's all been said before, and before that, and before that as well... EVERY generation believes they are living in the "end times".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• because people have been saying that that God has been coming soon for hundreds of years. My grandma said it , my mom said it, now I hear everyone else say it. Not saying that it's not going to happen (because I believe it will) but NO ONE can say when. The end of time has been coming for a while now........
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Because I don't believe in the "End Times", because I don't believe the text is really referring to the End the way most people perceive it. I believe it had something to do with the first century church that has already passed or was expected/hoped to pass (for example, freedom from the oppression of the Roman Empire, that's a common theory, I've heard).

If you were to realize how many exact dates have been suggested and predicted to be "the end", just in Christianity alone, you'd understand why this Christian just doesn't put any stock in any sort of end time theology. The idea of some jihadist Jesus (to steal a term from a favorite author) is something completely contradictory to the nature and message of Jesus that we've already come to know and love, the Christ we based our faith on. I just don't believe in any of it - the end stuff, I mean, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh, and the OT texts refer to something completely different as well. Can't just go mixing verses out of different books, written at different times, for different purposes, by different people, with different understandings and interpretations to prove or support the understanding/interpretation/claims we see today. You have to understand the original intent and meaning of the text, not just the Bible as a whole, but each book/section within the context of the time/history/mentality/language/etc in which it was written...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• How do I believe something that I don't believe? How do you recommend I do that? Just because people see events in these "prophecies?" That does not convince me to just believe. You see truth in them, fine... however I do not, nor do I see Truth in Christianity. I spent over 20 years trying to will myself to believe, and I never could. Perhaps in time, if I am ment to, I will.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• OP: the way you approached this ... only turns people away.
    I know its prophecy being fulfilled! Non believers of Christ could care less. That will not satisfy them into believing God is real. It actually does the opposite.
    The former ways of witnessing is not working anymore. Time to think outside the box! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Obbydobbie and I will sound like a broken record too... not to the extend that many do now... since the Left Behind Series, there has been an INCREASED awareness in the end times and believing it is coming to pass soon. The past generations it was only about 1 percent of the generation that spoke of it. Its a lot more now.
    Have a read:
    Is it true that every generation believed they were living in the generation the Lord returns? It is a common misperception that most generations believed they were in the End Times. It is true that a very small group (less than one percent) of every generation might have thought they were at the end. Only once has there been a universal sense that was sustained over decades that it was the time of the end, and that was during the generation of the first apostles.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011