What time should my 15 year old daughter come in during the week?

Wondering how many nights out a week should we let her spend with her boyfriend and other friends.  Right now we are giving her 2 nights (Mon-Fri) where she can be home at 9 PM and the others she has to stay in all night.  Is this too harsh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• She should be at home unless there is something going on at school or she has specific permission to go somewhere. 9 unless there is a school function.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My kids will always have to be home by 9 at the latest on a schoolnight, unless they are working and then I will extend it to 10 (as long as their grades are kept up)

Answer by missanc at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 8-9 pm. personally, if it were my daughter, she wouldnt be going anywhere during the week except a rare occasion. I went to work and school during the week at 16-17, and did extra curriculars. thats it. weekends were for socializing.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• At 15 my curfew was 7 and when I hit 16 my sisters (14 at the time) convinced our parents that we needed a later curfew and it became 9 and weekends were 11.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 9
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In time for dinner.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• After school.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Does not sound to harsh to me. Of course I was pretty strict on my children when they were that age.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 9:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sounds reasonable to me, as long as the grades are up.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... I'm a strict parent, bet I make you look like a saint! Hahahaha... and my parents were strict with me! But I turned out pretty well and hoping the same for my kids... i remember the rule was... when the street lights turned on we'd better be home and inside...

I tell my kids to focus on education and relationships when they can afford them (like after college for anything serious)... We are strict
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011