I take Zoloft 100mg in AM and xanax 1.0 3 x a day and is not helping ?

I suffer from depression, when I get Down Or when I get upset,angry or mad, I can't calm myself and get back to normal w/o some help. Have been ashamed of this for yrs and have inflicted pain on myself at times~~bruising~~! I also take imiprimine and Temazapam at night to sleep! Also DH DOES NOT understand that if he would wrap his arms around me when I have my "crybaby BS" or am upset instead of complaining and starting fights which amplify either, after 30 yrs, you'd think he'd at least try! We are working on our marriage but I feel lost and hate pills to live life. Does anyone understand this ? Any advice? even suggestions to help DH & Dr. help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• How long have you been on the zoloft? If it's been more than a couple months, I would tell your dr. and try something else. I have tried many antidepressants. Not all of them work for me. It is trial and error to find the right combination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Poor thing. I feel for you. Not all antidepressants work for everyone. You might need to try another one. I have taken zoloft before and it made me feel like a train was running through my head. The imiprimine did too. Thats an antidepressant right? Temazepam is xanax. I am sure you knew that. I might be inclined to try Ambien for sleep. Thats what I take and not only is not non narcotic, but its not so addictive to your physical body like xanax is. There is no hangover in the morning either. Have you even tried to sit down and express your feelings to hubby? I know that men don't usually just understand. It takes us saying "THIS is how I feel" and THIS is what i need you to do. Yes I understand the pills to live life...I really do
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My fd is on Abilify and Paxil. The combination works for her. At 14 she has been through more then her share of bad things, abuse, maternal suicide etc.. This combination is effective in handling her mood swings and the severe depression she is suffering from. She is also in counseling to teach her how the handle life more effectively. the counseling is essential when you are taking meds to control depression and anxiety.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008