Do you let your children listen to the muxic you listen to?

my 3 year old knows alot of words to grown up songs should i stop him from listening to them?

shirl16

Asked by shirl16 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• yes..i listen to mostly contemporary xtian, or jazz. lol..no harm there!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think that if your uncomfortable with it then yes, you should stop.  I don't let my children listen to "my" music because I don't want them asking me what stuff means.  I curse like a sailor so that's not what really bothers me, it's the sexual lyrics that make me uncomfortable, so they don't hear it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I let my son listen to whatever I listen too, just as my parents did with me. If there was something I wasnt supposed to say, I was just explained why, and I stopped saying it...look up Mr Cab Driver, by Lenny Kravitz if you dont know it. I knew every word at 3. But I didnt say the bad words. People put too much stock in how music can influence someone, they like to find blame in places other than themselves.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I let my kids listen to the same things as me... radio edits mostly. but if there is something I hear in the some that I just dont like for them I change it. I also buy my older son kids bop so he can listen to the songs he likes but they change them up just a bit to make them kid friendly.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I do not know what music you listen to. But there are many songs that are very inappropriate for kids.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I try not to shelter my kids from much. They do listen to the music that I listen to. I always explain whats right and whats wrong and they know how to behave very well. I have never wanted to shelter my kids. I always will talk to them about anything that they want to talk about.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If you are worried enough to ask the question then yes, stop it. I listen to Country and don't really have a problem with him repeating the words.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like this songs called Blue Dress by Depeche Mode and also Sex Dwarf by Soft Cell. I do not listen to them in front of my daughter. I listen to other music though... like Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, the Cure, and Smashing Pumpkins.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know I am a little out of date!
    idaspida