Doesnt want to walk

my daughter turns 1 years old in less then a month and she refuses to learn how to walk. she walks around tables and the furniture just fine but when I try having her stand solo or walk for me she throws herself down and turns into limp noodle baby . what should I do? everyone i know is telling she will walk when shes ready or I need to try harder, i cant force a her anymore then i am. i think im expecting to much too since all my friends kids, my neices and nephews started walking my 10 months and here she is going on 1. but it depresses me seeing kids a few months younger running around while shes still crawling after them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will walk when she's ready....I know it's hard to hear but I have two boys my first walked aat 9 months and the second just days before his first birthday... some children walk at 13 and 14 months. It's really up to them... I wouldnt start to worry just yet if it starts getting to be too long talk to your doctor about it. Be patient mommy she will do it :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Don't start stressing until your baby is 18 months. Every baby works on their own timeline.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• She will walk when she is ready.. One of mine walked at 9 months, the other 15 months and the last one at 12 months.. Stop comparing her to others, she is her own little person. Her walking or not has nothing to do with you. Just enjoy what she does, when she does it.. It will happen:)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My kids walked at 10 months, 16 months, 18 months, 16 months and there is nothing wrong with them developmentally. Your baby will walk when she is ready, don't force her. It takes a lot of nerve to let go of the table and walk all by yourself.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Let her walk when SHE is ready. Most babies do NOT walk on their own until after they turn a year old. My son walked at 13 months, my niece was around the same time. My cousin was 9 months old, my friends child was 16 months. All within normal times.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son didn't walk until he was 15 months old. Now he's 3 and running all over the place.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my son didn't start walking till he was 13 months... don't rush he will start when she is ready... but you could hold her hands and walk with her just so she can get the idea.. but it will happen.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son wasn't walking by a year old, he's now 21 months and has been running since he was 18 months. Don't sweat it, she'll walk when she's ready.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Every baby is different..she will when shes ready..just keep encouraging her :) My friends boy did this and she would use those link things that you use for toys on carseats and strollers and he would hold on to it like a leash, so he had a false support but that was the only way he would go :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Every baby is different so she will walk when she is ready. My boys didn't start walking until they were 13 months. They did it at their own time. I held their hands to walk with them because it helped to encourage them to walk.
    mimioester

Answer by mimioester at 3:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011