Hair???

HOW DO I GET THE CURLY LOOK??? I SEE PEOPLE WITH CUTE/CURLY HAIR ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE YET TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MINE TO DO IT....

HERE IS MY HAIR...

THIS IS WHAT I WANT IT TO ATTEMP TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE

I KNOW MY HAIR IS SHORT BUT ALL I AM WANTING IT THE CURLY LOOK

SEE SHE HAS SHORT BUT YET VERY UTE CURLY HAIR!

SO WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THAT LOOK... HELP PLZ

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have any advise for you but you look like Shiri Appleby!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Get a stylist. :p Of course their hair is beautifully curled, they spent an hour or more getting it done by a professional.

Good luck, hope you get some good advice.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have straight hair & all I have to do is use a curling iron & a little dove hair spray. When you try what do you usually do?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i don't have money for a stylist everyday, i try to wrap my hair around the curling iron like a spiral but it doesn't work or flips out all crazy i even tried the hair straightener like they show! I just don't get how to do it!
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• This might sound cheesy but try using bobby pins let your hair be a little damp and part your hair the way you would wear it and grab a section of hair as if you were gonna put it in a roller and start rolling all the way to your scalp then pin your hair one on each side like a crisscross now if you don't want them so tight just don't go to far up then get a bandana or a scarf and set your hair for an hour or sleep with them it will look really pretty oh make sure you have moose or hairspray as you roll. GL When you take the pins out just comb your hair with your fingers don't brush it or it will frizz big time. Have Fun!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ok i'm confused part my hair and roll it, roll it on what?
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• id say (if youve tried everything) go get a perm. i KNOW, you think of perm and you think of kinky curls... but its not always that case.. you have short hair so you wouldnt want kinky curls, but you can also get a loose perm... which will kind of give it the wavy look but then while wet, add some aussie sprunch spray (thats what i used) and "scrunch" it.. it really looks amazing afterwards. your hair is short, so a perm wouldnt be but around 40 dollars. i have long hair, about down to the back of my bra.. if that helps, i went have got a perm put in 2 weeks ago, but a TIGHT perm (bc with my hair length it will weigh the curls down) my hair turned out amazing! might ALSO, if you want it straight, all you have to do is straighten it :) i love how mine turned out, so i figured i would put in my opinion!
    camdensmommy90

Answer by camdensmommy90 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• see i didn't know u could get a perm with short hair! my hair is stacked in the back. it has short layers, so i don't think that will work
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• depending on your hair's layer-lengths, you will prob work best with a 1" curling iron. (i like the GoldNHot, or HotTools, just don't have the temp setting too high!) after working a texturizer/volumizer through your hair/ends, and blowdrying for volume (all crazy like & off the scalp), take small sections, 2'', spritz it with a heat-setting spray or spritz/hairspray, and start to curl it an 1-1 1/2'' away from the scalp, turning towards the back-away from the face-leaving the ends of the section out of the iron. (trust me!) let that section drop and cool, as you move on to the next 2'' section.
    do this all over your head, spritzing and curling, 1-1 1/2'' off the scalp, leaving the ends out, until you have this crazy amount of weird vertical curls everywhere. use a bit of spray or texurizer on your fingertips to squeeze into the uncurled ends, and lightly 'finger out' the spray/set curls. lightly! you can respray to set. GL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011