For moms with 2 under 2....

When I have this baby, my youngest will be 17mo. (I have a 9year old as well). I have heard SO much on how they will get along, or not!! What has been your experience with it?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 9:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, mine are 5, 4, and 1 now but at one time the oldest two were 1 and 2.  They get a long pretty well.  They are both better with their younger sister then they are with each other though, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Your situation sounds just like me. My oldest was 9 and my middle son was 18 months when my youngest was born.

The younger two get along great, they are best friends. My little sister and I were the same way.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My older 2 kids are just under 20 months apart. It was rough on and off until DD turned about 6 months. They are 11 & 13 now. They are great friends and the worst of enemies. They are pretty much built in play mates still.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When our eldest was 6yrs old I had our 2nd son, and then 13 months later I had our 3rd son... So the 2 youngest are 13 months apart. All boys..
    The 2 youngest get along great, it's the eldest, and 2nd son that are like oil and water.... I don't know why but it's been like a competition since the 2nd was born... Our eldest was awesome with both of them when they were babies, but once our 2nd hit the toddler stage it has been a constant competition...
    They are now 14, 7, and 8 yrs old, and overall they get along.. But again the 2 older boys still bicker like old men... It drives me crazy!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My girls are 11 months apart and they get along great. My and my sister were 16 months apart and when we were little I pushed her down a flight of stairs. I really depends on your child's temperament and you really won't know until the baby is here. Just make sure big sister still gets lots of attention and start teachin gher now to be sweet to babies, like her baby dolls.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh, let me add. Now that we are grown me and my 2 sisters get along great most of the time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my 18 and 19 yr old have been best friends up until they were around 16 and 17 then they got along but not really..they grow into their own person during those teenage years and that is when the conflict starts. but I have always found them to be the best of buddies as children.....but just one piece of advice for when they are little...always park next to the cart corral when shopping it makes things much easier
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~

My 3 and 5 year old are 18 months apart... it varies through the day! First of all they have a bond I never had with my siblings, they are like twins (hubby hates when I dress them alike)... but since they are so close they can fight too... but after fighting, 10 minutes later they are best friends again (as if they never had a fight)!

toddler tantrum ... toddler boy ... arguing ... lesbians

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I had 3 under 3 at one time. My oldest was 15 months when #2 was born and he was 13 months when #3 was born. They were best friends as babies/toddlers/preschoolers. They are 10, 9 and 8 now and they fight a lot but they are still very close. They have a lot of the same friends or their separate groups of friends run together in a big group anyway.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My 2nd and 3rd (boy/girl) are 18 months apart. They have always played together very well, even now at 9 and 11. My 4th is 28 months and my 5th is 7 months - so they don't play together yet but I can already see a bond growing - my 2yo gets very protective when his sissy starts crying and he goes over and puts his face in her face, it's cute! I only hope that they are as close as the older 2.
    My now 11 yo used to walk his 9 yo sister to class everyday when she was in kindergarten - they used to walk into school holding hands, so adorable.

Answer by missanc at 9:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011