Hubby thinks pregnancy hormones are BS...

This is our 3rd pregnancy and for the first 2 the hormones were pretty OK with me, but with this one.... Oi. I have talked with my OB, hubby is present at all appointments, and they said it was normal. But hubby still thinks I am just being a witch... I don't know what to do!!!! I threw 4 things at him today while we were arguing (I am NOT a violent person)... I can't do this anymore!!!!

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 9:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• LOL! Dont feel bad, my husband has dealt with my craziness! With my first pregnancy, I broke up with him LITERALLY every week, then appologized and got back together just to do it again to him the next week. This time around, I cry about everything. My two year old drops a crumb from something she's eating and I have a complete emotional melt down. It's hard when your hormones are going bazerk, and you honestly dont know why or how to fix it. My hubby is a wonderful man for having to deal with me, on top of his Bi polar episodes! LOL, I understand completely and sympathize for you and your hubby!
    kaydenrenee08

Answer by kaydenrenee08 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You throwing things is unnaceptable. Your hormones may make you pissy and more irritable but YOU decide how you deal with it. Throwing things is not hormones...just bad decision making.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry this is so difficult! I have no useful advice, but do wish you the best. Hopefully it will pass soon? Is there anything calming you could do (or ingest) to help? Like maybe sleepy time tea or something?

If he isn't being supportive that makes it double-suck! Maybe you could come up with a code word (like snuffalupagus) that would make you laugh and snap out of it? That way you'd at least realize you were acting off of hormones and not really being grounded? Or maybe that would just make it worse...
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Maybe you are throwing things at him cause he's being a jerk. He is trivializing what you are going thru.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• well your letting your emotions get the better of you... i'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this right now but yes hormones really do know how to over come that's for sure... my husband thinks the same thing when we found out we were pregnant with our second one he told me oh your going to be getting all emotional now huh... lol i just tell him then stay on my good side and you'll have nothing to worry about.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't envy you or your dh right now. I hated that part of the pregnancy. I was very emotional with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. My dh was usually understanding, however, there were times that I whap him upside his head for his ding donginess:) I found other ways, creative ways, to get even with his unfair comments. I might hide all of his socks--this is only an example. I enjoyed driving him crazy. After all, I figured I shouldn't be the only person in the house going crazy. Hope this gives you a good belly laugh. (Remember, men are logical and women are emotional.)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry! Men can be so insensitive. Just try not to throw anything else that doesn't help! Don't you wish they could just be pregnant for one day? They just don't get it. Show him some more research or something lol
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I can totally relate.  I'm sorry that your having a rough time this time around.  However, throwing things and being a "witch" are unacceptable.  You know what's going on, you can't let yourself get that upset, period. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I had a little time to kind of remember what it was like having all of those hormones going nuts.  My pregnancy THIS time around has been easier but with my first, I was a freaking mad woman.  When I look back, my hub didn't really "get it" either.  His lack of support and understanding pissed me off to start with.  Now that I have seriously thought about what I felt like, throwing things is understandable.  Not okay, but understandable.  Your body is changing, your thoughts and emotions are on edge.  Stuff happens.  Keep yourself in check mama.  Maybe keep a diary?  The only thing that I found that really worked for me was to not say ANYTHING when I got upset.  I'd write it down in a journal.  I'd think on it for a little while.  Let it simmer.  THEN if I still felt the same, I'd tell hubby.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I love how men seem to have all the knowledge in the world when it comes to our bodies. The problem with chemicals going wonky in our bodies is that sometimes how we behave is beyond our control-- i.e. depression, anxiety, fright, crying. I'd love to see someone tell a person with depression-- "lighten up! Turn that frown upside down and you'll feel better! :)

However, now that you are aware that the hormone surges in your body are going wonky, and that you do lose control at times, you do need to learn triggers and avenues of expressing yourself that are better than throwing things at someone. If there's something specific, besides being a jerk, that he's doing then with the last ounce of self control you have, walk way/punch a pillow/ etc.

Good luck! Hormone craziness sucks!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011