Mother and Daughter sleeping in same bed....

My SD who is 4 soon to be 5 still sleeps in the bed with her mother. My ? is really has to do with the fact that her mother just had a baby less than 2 weeks ago and the baby is sleeping in the same room as the mother (to be expected) however, my SD sleeps in the same bed still. So when the baby is awake and being fed my SD is woken up as well. To add that my SD has a bedroom but does not have a bed at her moms. How should we go about handling this. Any Advice would be GREAT!!!

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well I see nothing wrong with it.  I sleep in the same bed sometimes with my 3 almost 4 year old daughter AND my 1 year old daughter.  Sometimes my children and I ALL sleep in the same bed.  I don't understand not having a bed of their own but I don't see the harm either.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• As long as she is sleeping in her bed (or wherever you prefer) at your house I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't think there is anything to handle....there is nothing wrong with it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• She wakes up everytime the baby wakes up? I have 3 and they all slept through the baby cries. i think her dad should deal with talking to the mom if her sleep is being interrupted.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ask mom if she needs money to buy sd a bed. Maybe sd likes being with her mom...
    Anonymous

• My last 3 kids slept with me until they were 5 and one was my son
    Anonymous

• Offer to get SD a bed at her moms. My oldest slept with me til she was 8. I then made the decision to have herr in her own bed because I was 2 months away from giving birth and because she was in school I didn't want the baby to wake her. I wonder why the mom hasn't already done that for her daughter??
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• REvery family is different. There are many cultures where the "family bed" is absolutely normal. In our society, many moms bedshare with their babies and toddlers so that everyone can get their sleep. Sounds funny, but some kids sleep better with mom nearby. Your SD probably does not awake with baby . . . too soothed bu sleeping next to Mom.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ask the mother if she needs help getting a bed for SD. There really isn't a huge issue here. Maybe she can sleep on the couch until mom can get a bed?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think it would be dad's place to discuss with mom that the daughter has mentioned how tired she is since the new baby came along and ...blah blah. Perhaps they cant afford a new bed? You could always offer to split the cost if you really want to help? Good luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011