Has anyone ever made a garden or planted a tree for each of their children?

I heard about the idea on a television show and was just wondering if anyone has actually done it and how did you do it?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 9:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, but I like the idea =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• aw thats a sweet idea
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When we build a house we plan to plant a tree for each of our boys. They all help me plant flowers each spring but I don't want to do it here if we're going to be selling in the future..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My mother in law did that with my husband ... its cute because now my kids say " there is daddy's tree" every time we go visit " .... when we buy our own home I definalty plan on doing the same....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• LOve this idea!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my mom planted a tree for my son in her yard,and im sure she'll do it for my 10 week old to. when we move to our permanent home i want to do it for both also.
    LoveMyLos

Answer by LoveMyLos at 10:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• *Not Me*~... but my ex-mother-in-law planted one for each of her grandchildren, and there is one at her home for my 15 year old son!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My mother is not alive now so ever year on her b-day I plant a flower or a tree. This year I'm going to plant a tree for my grand child when he or she is born.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My parents did it for me and my brother and sister. It was "our" tree and each of us were responsible for watering it, weeding around it, taking care of it. Unfortunately, my dad passed away when I was 7 and we ended up moving.
    But each of us has some of my grandmother's jonquil flowers. My mother gave each of us some when we moved out - she had moved them around with her since she left home, so that's our tradition.

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011