Anyone preggo after vasectemy?

Is there anyone out there who got pregnanat after hubby has gotten fixed?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 9:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't, and it is very rare to get pregnant AFTER the all clear has been given. This is a good link: http://www.vasectomy-information.com/articles/october2006.htm

From that link:

So what are the chances of a vasectomy rejoining after the all clear has been given? This is known as late recanalization, and is in fact very rare. It develops in only about one in 4,000 (0.025%) of vasectomies. It has been known to occur as late as 17 months after vasectomy3.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My sil did also, they had a beautiful baby boy. Afterwards she had her tubes tied, cut, whatever, lol My brother thought he was King, lol sil wasn't laughing though.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My sil did, but lost the baby.

It turns out that my brother did not go for the followup appointment and still had millions of swimmers. They ended up both getting fixed after that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nope.... 11 years later and no pregnancy. But we waited to go unprotected until hubby got the extreme CLEAN COUNT!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... not me... and have been trying to talk hubby into getting fixed, since it is easier than mine... but he heard rumors from other men (go figure) how it makes the finish line less of a race and not as exciting!!! So, I'm on the Depo shot
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Not me, but I used to work in urology, and what sleepingbeautee said is right. If you don't follow up, you'll never know if it worked.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2011