ANY MOMS HERE EVER PUBLISHED OR TRIED OR STARTED OR ATTEMPTED TO PUBLISH A BOOK?

Just curious how to go about it.. Obviously, its a huge thing to have done.. but im just trying to see how any of you women have done w/ experience? thanks(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• first you have to have about 400 dollars. i have the name of a publisher. it's sitting in my email so i don't have it one hand. let me know if you want it. they are located in northern indiana.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it seems nice to start one of some kind, mine would be in the subject matter of what to write a book about., then I'd just list about 5,000 things to write a book about.

#`1 Write a book about your most embarassing moments, most memorable, and best-happy-ridiculous times.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• depends, i don't think i just write. i have about a hundred stories that i could turn into books if i could get the money.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My mom has tried, she's just never finished a book. She knows which publisher she wants to use, but her storyline has changed. It probably won't be anything she will have done till my sister (who is 14) is out of the house.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• There is actually a "group" on here for that! Search for it :) The lady who runs it has three published novels!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*Writer's Bible*~... this book has a new edition each year, and changes with the times, has a "how to", and everything you need to know... and FREE at your local library!

"The Writer's Manual" 2011 Edition

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no but i want too
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I published a poem when I was 15. Now i am in the middle of a children's chapter book but haven't done any further research. Thanks for this question it has helped me I didn't know there was a group on here!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's always been one of my dreams! Go for it, I am!!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have published small things, poetry and short stories, when I was in school Recently, I was contacted to write a book for publishing company based on one of my websites. It's been a lot of work, but I'm nearing the end (I think).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011