DD 19 mos old keeps waking up and acting different...

My dd woke up twice since she went to bed and i go into her room and she is crying sort of.. and i go to pick her up and she like kept throwing her arms backwards, and then second time she was tense.. do u think she is sleeping funny and her arms are falling asleep? just curious..idk what to think .. im a worry wart. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure although if you are really concerned I would call the doctor or take her to the ER. I am not one of those parents who thinks you should do this all the time, although I have learned over the years that if my gut thinks there is something wrong then I should get them checked,'

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• This sounds really strange to me. I don't want to scare you but it sounds like a seizure. I would call my doctor or take her to the ER.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 11:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would worry, take her in to the ER. Is she running a fever? Could be seizures at night.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It could be seizures was she making any sounds the second time you pick her up or was she turning blue from the mouth or face or twitching or being really jerky or did she just stare at you being really stiff cus if she was she was having a seizure my daughter has them once in while but she is on daily medication for it cus it got bad to the point where she would have them twice a month or more and the medicine helps her with them thank god i would take her to the ER just have them check her out and you can explain what was going on when you went to go pick her up .Good Luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I was thinking that it sounds like night terrors. Either way, you should definitely consult your pediatrician.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011