2005 chevrolet cobalt 4 door, Opinions?

We've been car shopping, and found one. It's white, has a few minor dings/scratches. But it runs great, and it's a friend of a friend who's selling it. He owns a car lot, he just bought it and put a new transmission in it. He's taken it out driving for a couple hours, and hasnt had trouble with it. He said we can take it tomorrow for a couple hours to drive to see if we like it. He only wants 3000 for it, which is under our budget, and we didnt expect to find something as nice. But we were searching reviews, and some of them say how cruddy the car is. Maybe it was just their cars, anyone own one? What do you theink of it? & is it a safe family car? For young kids/toddlers? Thanks

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Travel

• mine is a 2007, the power steering was recalled but that's the only problem I had And Chevy gave me my money back that I paid to have it repaired. It's nothing fancy but it was affordable for me and I have no major complaints.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Is it pretty good on gas? We're always out & about.. lol
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i had an 06 4 door and an 06 ss supercharged one. i liked them both not the best on gas milage but better than some cars. i wouldnt mind owning another one if my husband wasnt 6 foot 5
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Not a good winter car ..they flip too easy on snowy roads and the only people I have known to own one didn't have kids,
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My mom had one, she liked it. My sister totaled it in a storm though. Hers was a 2005.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have one and they are terrible in the winter. Also, I have a coupe (2 doors) and it is very difficult having children in that car. Particularly when you have a baby that you have to take out/put in the carseat constantly. The car is okay on gas mileage and otherwise pretty low maintenance. However, they do not last very long. Mine is a 2006 and the fuel pump already went out.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011