Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone been harassed my noncustodian parent and wife?

My ex and his wife are harassing me over child support that I reinstated in 2009 because my sons' dad wouldn't help like he agreed when I dropped it in 2005 and after he beat my son. However, now a year later, they are texting and harassing me and my son. I took care of it but it's just aggravating because my son wants to talk to his dad and can't . I had to change the number to avoid them. Funny thing is he hasn't been served yet and they are mad because they know the cops will eventually get him and serve him for court. But sad thing is he is putting it on my son and telling him i was trying to get him in jail. So now my son can't call or text him. It was that or criminal charges so I figured it best to ignore them and change number and my son is 11 so he understood because his dad was upsetting him. I just find it odd to be cursed when you haven't paid a dime yet and wondered if anyone has dealt with this and how upset it makes the child.


Asked by ConnectHearts at 10:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

Level 12 (679 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • You can charge them for harassment if you want to. But you and your son don't need their drama. They are probably just mad because he's going to have to pay child support to you again. That is your son's right. He deserves it.You do too. I think that they are being too selfish.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

  • im sorry mama your going threw this i hope everthing gets better for you

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • I was in a similar situation but in my case was just the stupid gf calling me to ask me not to file for child support and she was stupid enough to come to my house so I got a restraining order against her and told her if she came near by my house again she was going to get arrested, that shut her mouth quick you can get one to against her because she has no business in that matter so she can't event talk to you about it

    Answer by gou18 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • I am so sorry, it's wrong of your ex to not be paying child support in the first place, and even more wrong to include your son in what are supposed to be adult matters. For what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing, use the court system and try to protect your son.

    Answer by Scuba at 11:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

  • Im not pressing charges, talked to police and I can on both for obscene texts but your right amessageofhope it's too much on my son, so I am just changing the number and going to pray my sons' father will come to his senses. His son is the most important thing in this and he can't get past having to actually pay to help support him. He is very selfish and they have 3 kids together so i don't understand why they act like I am so wrong in needing desperately and asking for help. Thank you all for you comments, I appreciate it all.

    Comment by ConnectHearts (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011