• In the Spotlight:

Did you have your children in "sets"?

For example, I had my firstborn son then I had my firstborn daughter the very next year.  Then 2 years went by.  Then I had my 2nd born girl and am getting ready to have my 2nd born boy, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I had my two older kids in a sat because I think it is important for children to have someone to grow up with like that. When I plan my nnext child I will space them out 2 years difference from the 4th. (I love big families). My two kids are 19mths apart, I would have liked them to be even closer than that.
    Dee24997

Answer by Dee24997 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• After I had the first one and then no more for 7 years, I learned my lesson. As a set are much easier than one without a close sibling.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Meaning... I had my second and third close together. I would love to have another baby...make that two :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i had my first born son and 2 years later I had my second son, my DD was born 2 1/2 years after that. Since we had 3 children under the age of 5 and we were young my DH didn't want any more children so we stopped at three. At times I wish we had a 4th because once you have 3 one more doesn't make a difference.

Now that they are 13, 11 and 9 I would not change a thing. They are all very close and we get to do lots of things.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is 3.5 and still an only. Probably will be until he is about 6. I was young when I had him.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• well they'd only come in a set if I had twins which I did not, I tried planning on mine 4 years between each one but the last 2 were only 26 mos. my oldest and middle were the only planned children. Middle one being born on his due date and his planned due date.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have a girl and boy, born 2 years 2 months apart. My dream family would beto have another baby in about 2 years from now and a 4th when the 3rd is about 2. Two boys, two girls. I really think that would be the perfect family. At any given time at least two will be getting along with eachother...the 2 oldest...the 2 youngest...or one of each...together. The older 2 are in school when the younger 2 are born, hopefully will be able to help a little with the younger ones.
    Hubby knows this is what I really want...and knows that if we have 3 there is no way I will stop.
    Like I've heard often...after 3, 1 more doesn't matter! LOL I really don't want 3 children...to many issues lol.
    I have *observed* that most 3rd born kids were "accidents" lol but he's too chicken to get fixed, and I'm not ready to be done!
    MamaZena

Answer by MamaZena at 11:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My DD is only 21 months old and we plan to wait until she is at least 5 to have another one, then we will see.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is 18m old and weve been TTC for 5m now. I would like them to be as close as possilbe at this point.
    My husband and I would like to foster so I would think we may be done after 2. Otherwise maybe when baby #2 is 5 wed have #3 & 2yrs later #4.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We purposesly had our kids (almost exactly) 2 years apart and had planned on having a 3rd if our DD was a boy. We didn't want to chance them having the same birthday, so we "tried" accordingly. My bday is in Jan, so is our DS. DD is Feb (Valentine's Day Baby!), and DH is March, so we would have "TTC" to make sure the baby was in April....but we have our pair, so we're done (God willing!!!!).
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011