It's time to say goodbye to her high chair, and I'm so sad! Is it normal to get upset about saying goodbye to your child's baby items?

This high chair has been a part of our lives since my dd was 7 months old. I clearly remember when I bought it. I have lots of pictures of my dd eating in it. But now that she's 2.5 years old, she doesn't really use it anymore. It's just taking up space in our tiny apt. But I'm so sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used to get sad all the time. Everytime I had to go through DS's closet and get rid of the tiny clothes that didn't fit him anymore I would cry. :( It isn't so bad now that he is older, but when he was a baby I would get REALLY sad.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I get sad too :( Esp. seeing my daughters now "too small" clothes or nb items.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it is very normal...I've been so sad about getting rid of a lot of things...she's also 2 1/2....it's going by WAY too fast and I see how small she used to be by the size of her clothes that i have to pack away :( you just have to look forward to everything you can do with her...enjoy every minute :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I get sad too. I'm a "could be" hoarder so I had to get rid of the baby stuff to make space. My baby is only 22 months old, but after four kids...I still have a hard time parting with things. We had baby pooh bear crib bedding. I'm a sucker for pooh bear...I think 3 of my 4 kids had pooh bear decor because I'm such a sucker for it. Hubby doesn't want any more kids so I had the choice to part with things and I even bawled my eyes out handing over the bedding set to a neighbor who recently had a baby. I had it washed, fluffed, all pieces put back in the original packaging...but I have my picture memories... so yes...I still get VERY sad. Still have some baby items to part with that I can take or leave...but I'll probably get sad over those items too.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It is normal, I get sad to, my 2 year old is out growing all her baby stuff and she is my last so it is a little sad since I have had a baby in the house atleast every 2 years for the past 10 years.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I get sad too, but im not as bad as her daddy haha. I start going through her things, because my friends and I have babies spaced perfectly so we can hand down clothes, and my sweet man will run over and take things back out. He is having such a hard time accepting she is growing up, we have a big chest that we have filled with truly special items from the pregnancy to today. I have to keep reminding him that after my friends use the clothes, we always offer to give them back to person it originated from. So if it isn't worthy of the chest right now, to ensure it's condition, we will get it back in 3 or 6 months, if we want it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• its time to say goodbye to it....but hey here is an idea,do you know anyone who has a baby in need of a highchair? if not you could take it to a goodwill,or aomething....give it to someone who needs it that way you arent throwing it away and you know it will be put to good use.....give it to a friend who is prego,or give it to someone who has a new baby that way they will have it when the time comes.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i always got sad letting some of my sons things go,but i knew they were going to someone who needed them more than we did.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011