Do you have a designated place at home for loose change?

jdjamm

Asked by jdjamm at 11:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes my DD's take it & put it in their piggy banks!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I do, kind of. They don't use pennies in Japan, so I have a container just for pennies and I have two Barbie sized recycling bins for my yen and American change...but location of where they are...my kids would know more than I do. I've been having to toss the extra change in my purse till I can get my change containers back.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have several banks to put coins in and a tin with flowers on it just for pennies.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We have a plastic bowl on our entertainment center. Dh empties his pockets there every evening and once in awhile I empty my purse.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes. It use to be an old coffee can. Now they get put the in bowl our keys go in.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I sure do. It's an old nice thick 1 gallon size plastic apple juice jug that still has the handle on it. I keep it in my bedroom next to my desk and whenever anyone is in need of a bit of cash, say we're short of money that week and need some milk or a little gas for the car for example, there's usually plenty in there. Whenever any of us come home with change in our pockets or purse, we empty it out into the jug knowing it will be needed at some point in the future. That jug of coins has gotten us out of a jam or two in the past too. You'd be surprised at how much money you can save up in one of those.
    Lev8mysoul

Answer by Lev8mysoul at 12:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• a plastic cup
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We do!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• no I never have loose change cuz i dont carry cash often. I usually use my debit/credit card
    jwhite83

Answer by jwhite83 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011