Is Disney World really what it's made out to be?

We want to take our son eventually, he's 3 now. We live in OH, and we;re not exactly rollin in dough lol. So, if we go, I want to make sure it will be worth every penny. Ya know? How was your experience? How old were your children who went? How long did you stay? Did you stay in the Disney hotels? Any advice? Thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• Haven't been yet. I live near Disneyland, and i love it. Hopefully next year we will be taking our DD to Disney World. If it's as good as Disneyland or better,i will be satisfied! SO and I were actually talking about going there just earlier today. Haha
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've only been once in my life. My mom got a bonus at work and they happened to be having a conference in FL so we decided to go. I was about 18 and my sister was 13. I mean, it was neat, but i was 18 and more worried about what my bf was doing back at home. But my aunt took her then 6 year old and she said he had a blast. I think past a certain age, it's not as fun but when they are still young and have that imagination and wonder, it's fun.

We did stay at one of the resorts but it wasn't a themed one, it was the 'business' one..can't remember what it was called. We did ride the monorail to the other resorts and they looked really neat.

I would like to eventually take dd before she's too old also. But I want to make sure she's at least old enough to enjoy it, ya know?
    JACsMama

Answer by JACsMama at 12:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The first time I went I didn't think so. The second time I went, I went by myself and YES it was. I would wait till yours is a bit older. We took our 6yo a couple years ago and he enjoyed it but it was still tiring. 3 seems a bit young. No, we didn't stay on Disney property because it's cheaper not to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Never got to take my kids and they are all grown up now. I divorced and didnt have the funds to take them. i feel bad but they turned out great anyway. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is awesome and quite the experience. We took out 4 year old our 4 year old niece, a 3 year old and are about 1 year old. Obviously out one year old did not get anything out of it but to the 3 and 4 year olds they thought that it was truly magical. There was nothing like watching it through their eyes. We stayed off site in a time share thanks to a friend. Previous time that my husband and I went we also stayed off and just took the shuttle to the park. It worked out fine, I am sure the hotels are nice but they were just out of out price range.

We stayed for a week. Spent 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, one at Animal Kingdom and one at Epcot. It was great and then we left a day here and there in between and swam and relaxed at the hotel so we were not going going going. Hope that helps.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's really cool. I'm sure it's much different then when I went which was when I was 13, but there is so much to see and do. You need two weeks to really take it in. We went for one week and there was still a lot we never got to see. Go during the last week of November or early December. The crowds are low and the weather is perfect! And stay at one of the Disney resorts if you can. You experience the park more that way. Have fun!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2011