I think my child is being bullied by her TEACHER! I want to cry!!!

I don't know what to do. All last year, when Ms. X was actually her teacher, all she would do is complain about how the teacher was mean or said something that embarrassed her. I tried to see both sides of it. My daughter stuggled academically and probably was a bit difficult to deal with. Although, you have to know my daughter. She is "that" child. The one that is extremely soft-spoken and kind-hearted. The child that brings home every stray. The child that hears of your neighbors best friends nephews cat dying and cries for hours. She would never ever have talked back or been disruptive to the class in anyway. She was merely falling behind and needed some extra care to catch up. Suffice it to say, she was held back and this year (with a different teacher) is doing wonderfully. But, though she is doing very well she comes home and says, "Mom, everytime I see Ms. X she rolls her eyes or looks at me funny." or once when she forgot to do a paper that was due she recieved lunch detention (first time she had lunch detention and this is half-way through the year) Ms. X popped her head in the door and asked, "How many papers did you not finish?" My daughter replied only the one paper. The teacher responded with a huff and left the room. My question is... how is that any of her flippin business??? Aaaanyway, these things were concerning but she has taken it to a whole new level this time.
While at lunch my daughter was eating and talking with her new friend. Ms. X came and sat down next to my daughters friend, rolled her eyes and said, "Why are you sitting next to her? She will just get you into trouble."
My daughter said she did not smile. She did not laugh but that she looked like she always does when she is angry.
I am so mad I want to cry.

I spoke to the principle already and he really acted dissmissive. He said he would talk to her and when I offered my number he asked, "Why do I need your number?" DUH! To follow-up with me!!!! Ugh, this WILL NOT be brushed under the rug because she says she was joking. I am going down there tomorrow morning. What do you think???

MJblessed

Asked by MJblessed at 12:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• By the way, she has NEVER ONCE gotten a discipline notice.
    MJblessed

Comment by MJblessed (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would do the same thing. I would also be mad as hell!! Don't let them see u cry!! get that out of the way before u get there!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can thank "Teacher Unions"... because unless others step forward or she is caught on tape... it'll continue... the horrid teachers give the rest a bad name! Been across more like your expirience myself... so those good ones stand out more than they normally would have...

~*Hugs*~... and hope she gets a better one? I know I keep telling myself the year is half over, and I pray next year my son gets a better teacher!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Go to the school like you plan to and raise some hell! Then if they dismiss you, go to the superintendent of the school district. If they won't help, call the media.

No child should be bullied, especially by a teacher.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That is ridiculous. I would want to know why that teacher has so much time on her hands to be harassing...yes harassing your child!

Next stop....superintendent's office.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would have a meeting with the Principal and EVERY teacher, nurse, and teacher's assistant that comes in contact with my DD. Make it very clear you know that your dd is being mistreated and we are setting up a plan of action. If Things do not change, then further measures WILL be taken. Also, record the session. Either with a video camera or voice recorder. It is intimidating. And when you show up, have the school hand book with you and reference it often.Let them know you know the rules. You have done the ground work and are not to be taken lightly.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 12:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I agree with sleepingbeautee I pressed charges against an "aide" that put tape on my DD mouth to keep her quiet go to the school district and do not let this go let them know that you meant business when someone mess with your DD.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• BTW harrassing is against the law in every state!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i'm so sorry for your dd. a teacher should be the LAST person to be acting that way. go to the principal and demand to talk to ms. x also! give her a piece of your mind! i hope she gets fired.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Advocate for your daughter BUT...keep your emotions in check. The minute they detect anger they will write you off as a problem too. Be factual. This teacher has NO need to be in contact with your child. Respectfully request that she NOT interface with your child whatsoever. BTW..the new friend may be helpful if she will corroberate what Ms.X said. I've dealt with a lot of schools and a lot of poor teachers. My sister could never keep her anger in check and they wrote her off as a nutcase. If the principal will not satisfy your request. Go to the Superintendant. As long as you follow the chain of authority they will take you seriously.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011