Computer software : Norton

Hubby bought the one year for 3 computers. Year is done and I keep getting ads to renew or purchase online...and really, Norton didn't do much of anything other than constantly ask for updates.

Is there another program out there that is better than Norton, but can do what Norton was intended to do with anti virus?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 12:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Technology

• I got mcafee and it worked and about the ads the thing is that this one will show a question mark if the site is not very safe so I avoid those because once that one of those fake antivirus sets in the computers is a pain in the neck to remove it. If you get pop up window that says you computer is infected with a trojan, worm etc and click here to clean it up for free no not click on it and close it with the x on the corner even if it says your computer is not safe and tries to lure you in to get an antivirus these are the actual virus and it will make your computer pop up ads like crazy and keep asking you to buy whatever their are selling.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've used McAfee for years and liked it. Right now I have Webroot and it seems to be working too.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011