Sleep help:(

HOW can moms do this?? I have gotten about 5 hours of naps in the past 2 days. I try to sleep when she does, but something always interrupts me. My husband is NO help. He gets up at 5 am to go to work so he won't help at the late night shifts. THe little bit I can nap has been on the couch. I miss my bed!! My baby won't sleep in her cradle next to our bed unless she is COMPLETELY sacked out. She only sleeps in her vibrating bouncer or her swing! I have done nothing but cry for the past hour because I am so tired. Help please:( I'm beginning to think that I can't handle the mommy job!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say put the baby in the bouncer or the swing and let her sleep in there so you can get some sleep. My daughter who is now 3.5 months has been sleeping in her swing for naps every day since we brought her home from the hospital. She wont be in that habbit forever but for now so you can get some sleep I say go for it! good luck
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 6:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh no! I know how hard it is when they are llittle! my girl is 2 months old and i just went back to work. remember it wont be like this forever. maybe you can have a friend come over and watch the baby while you sleep a few hours? everything is alot better once you get some sleep, so dont think you cant handle it - you just need to sleep!

bring the bouncer or swing next to your bed so you can sleep more comfortably. just keep doing what you are doing, sleep when the baby does, and the baby will start to sleep longer each time. good luck and HUGS
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Ah, it does get better eventually. It's very over whelming in the beginning. My son is 14 weeks and doesn't sleep long stretches through the night. Remember the babies are adjusting to so much stimulation and uncertainty. Just try your best to get a routine that works for you guys. And if she has to cry it out for 15 minutes or so that may be okay. We noticed when our son has his fussy time at night, the more we let him cry and scream it out the better and longer he sleeps at night. Weird, but true.
    Try and pay attention to her other ways, is she eating enough, is she on a formula that may not be agreeing with her? Does she like to sleep on her side rather than back. Our son is like that, we have one of those wedge things he lays between and that works great. Good Luck.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2008