Itchy Armpits - helllp?

Ever since I had my daughter, my arm pits are sooo itchy. If i go without deoderant they are ok but no matter what kind I use I get these little red bumps and it is so insanely uncomfortable. I even used antifungal cream incase it was like a fungus. I have NEVER been allergic to anything like this. Its the only area on my body that is like this and I am a very clean person! Any ideas or suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• Read the following Top Reasons You May Have Itchy Armpits it might be.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe its from shaving or your bodywash.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• not sure, i know that when i use the antifungal cream the itching is relieved, so maybe it is working and i am just not using it enough, not sure!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You could have become allergic to deoderant after giving birth! I know it sounds crazy but the change in your hormones and your whole body can cause new reactions, to different items. Or sometimes our bodies simply develop an allergic reaction; my brother had used the same soap all his life & then suddenly he became extremely allergic to it. I also became allergic to deoderant after having my hsyterectomy because of changes in my hormones. I would try some different brands or maybe even the over the counter(store brand), if that doesn't help you might want to go see your gyno to check your levels or an allergy doc. Good luck!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 10:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Or if the antifungal cream relieved the itching, you might want to go see your family doc to make sure you didn't catch anything! Hope you figure it soon, I know how annoying it is!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 10:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011