does anyone know about the town of Biblical Days of?

Has anyone heard tell about a city named Miggedo? Do you know the story about it and what it is supposed to be used for ? Just wondering. I didn't know about it either until my husband and I watched a program on it and there was a lot to be leaarned about this city of Biblical times. Just wondering if anyone knew the story about it? It was about 450 yrs. BCE. Did you know that it pertains to Armaggedon?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• When Bible prophecy discusses Armageddon, it is said to happen in the valley of Megiddo (according to who you ask, or which translation). It basically means a gathering place of good vs evil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The Battle of Megiddo is the first battle that was recorded in detail and for posterity. Pharaoh Thutmose III's military scribe inscribed it in hieroglyphs at Thutmose's temple at Karnak, Thebes (now Luxor). Not only is this the first extant, detailed battle description, but it is the first written reference to the religiously important Megiddo: Megiddo is also known as Armageddon. Historically, Megiddo was an important city because it overlooked the route from Egypt through Syria to Mesopotamia. If an enemy of Egypt controlled Megiddo, it could block the pharaoh from reaching the rest of his empire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hey, Anon. you are so right, I saw it on History channel, and I didn't know that actually Armaggedon was supposed to actually start there. It was a very interesting program. They say it is still there. I was very taken by this. Thanks for replying!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• that is where the battle of armagedon is supposed to take place in he future,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 4:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That is where it was originally supposed to start. I don't know if it still is, but it made sense what I saw and heard about it.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008